Various chiropractic techniques are employed to address vertebral misalignment / subluxation. Vertebral misalignment / subluxation can be caused by a variety of factors – most notably trauma. If you have had a physical trauma, such as a fall, sports injury or motor vehicle accident, it’s likely you have experienced vertebral misalignment/subluxation. Most misalignments correct themselves, but others do not and your body adapts over them by stabilizing the area with extra tissue (adhesions) or bone (bone spurs, etc). This adaptation can interfere with mobility, nerve signal transmission and can cause muscle tension and misalignments in other areas of your spine. Vertebral misalignment / subluxation can be corrected in a variety of ways and Dr. Carla prefers to use a gentle approach requiring less force. This approach is more comfortable to the patient and often allows the problem to be addressed at its cause to prevent recurrence.
Other causes of vertebral misalignment/subluxation are toxins and “thoughts”. Toxins are things like additives and chemicals in your food, air pollution, water pollution, food borne illnesses and parasites, bacteria, viruses and environmental toxins like mold, fungus or pollens. Toxins can cause your body to hold inappropriate muscle tension which can pull bones out of place. Toxins can deplete your body of vital nutrients. Nutrients are needed to relax muscles and send the proper nerve signal to your brain so that the spine is held in the proper alignment. By finding and eliminating the source of toxins, your body can better respond to the chiropractic adjustment. By replacing nutrients that have been depleted by toxins, your body can have the raw materials to rebuild healthy tissue and restore the natural ability for ligaments to hold spinal bones in the proper alignment. Dr. Carla can evaluate your “toxin load” and make suggestions for reducing exposure to toxins and for replacing lost nutrients.
“Thoughts” is a broad category of interference that refers to the physical reaction you might have to a thought. Many of these reactions are “unconscious” and you’re not even aware they are happening. Dr. Carla will be able to demonstrate some of your reactions during your exam. Remembering a negative experience, such as a car accident or a betrayal, can cause your body to tense into a “defense physiology”. This physiology can be very helpful, even life saving, when appropriate. But when activated inappropriately, drains nutrients and vital energy from the body. Dr. Carla employs a variety of Neuro-Emotional Techniques to help release the automatic stress patterns that “thoughts” can bring up.
Below is a list of chiropractic techniques Dr. Carla may use during your adjustments.
- Applied Kinesiology – Applied Kinesiology (AK) is a system using basic muscle testing for evaluating areas of dysfunction within the body. Dr. Carla has twice completed the 100 Hour Certification in Applied Kinesiology through the International College of Applied Kinesiology.
- Brimhall Six Steps to Wellness – Dr. Carla is certified in the Six Steps to Wellness protocol
- Craniosacral Therapy – Dr. Carla has completed additional hours of training through SOTO-USA
- Impac ArthroStim® Adjusting -The ArthroStim® instrument…helps to reduce the amount of peak force that would be required using a single thrust. This can be a great advantage for working with clients who are sensitive, or in pain.
- Manual Diversified Adjusting – Dr. Carla was nominated by her patients at Life University for the Clinical Excellence Award
- Quantum Neurology Rehabilitation® – “Doctors are taught how to strengthen weak muscles, activate lost sensation and use the bodies’ natural actions, reactions and reflexes to achieve a desired result. When the body responds to rehabilitation it commonly demonstrates immediate improvement. Our experience has been when these weaknesses in the nervous system are strengthened; the body has the best opportunity to heal itself.” – Dr. George Gonzales, D.C. Dr. Carla has completed Modules 1, 2 and 3 of QN
- Sacro-Occipital Technique – Dr. Carla has completed additional hours of SOT training through the ICPA
- Thompson Drop Table Technique – Dr. Carla has completed additional hours in Thompson Drop Technique with the ICPA
- Upper Cervical Focused Care – Dr. Carla has completed additional hours in Toggle Recoil and MC2
- Webster Technique – The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic sacral analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/ SI joint dysfunction. In doing so, neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is facilitated. – www.icpa4kids.org – Dr. Carla is certified in the Webster Technique